This weekend I went to visit my mom. She is a super talented sewer and she let me con her into helping me sew together my first quilt. I have been collecting old pillow cases and fabric from thrift stores for the past year and i finally had enough to make something out of them. Those who know me know that I get a little (okay, a lot) crazy when I sew. My seams always seem to bunch up and jam the machine and I have huge difficulties sewing a straight line. However the one area of sewing I am good at is seam ripping; I make a lot of mistakes. So here are the pictures:
I loved the way it looked all layed out before we started sewing, so pretty.
We used the tape to mark the rows out.
This was my first quilt block that I sewed together. I later had to take it out because I measured the seam size wrong. Sew a block, take out a block, I spent the first hour on two blocks while my mom sewed about 15. I did improve though.
I'm not much of a quilter and I don't think I would have thought to iron the seams down so they didn't bunch up. I can't even imagine what it would have looked like if I'd done it on my own. We finished sewing the whole top together in one day and we are going to quilt it together easter weekend. I will post completion pictures when it's done. Happy Monday!